January - March (Richmond Ice Centre)
OUR POWER SKATING, SHOOTING, SCORING AND STICK SKILLS TRAINING IS BROKEN INTO THREE DYNAMIC AND TECHNICAL SEGMENTS OVER TEN(10) WEEKS
- POWER SKATING, SKATING AND MORE SKATING
- SHOOTING, MORE SHOOTING AND SCORING TECHNIQUES
- SCORING, MORE SCORING, STICK SKILLS AND GAME PLAY IMPROVEMENT
EACH PLAYER WILL INCREASE HIS/HER IMPROVEMENT WEEKLY AFTER EACH OF THE TEN (10) FALL SESSIONS AND BE TOTALLY READY TO COMPETE IN ALL OF THEIR TEAM’S GAMES.
POWER SKATING, SKATING AND MORE SKATING
An incredibly unique Competitive Power Skating Skills Program designed by Coach Glenn takes the traditional forms of Power Skating and utilizes what he calls Power Skating Accelerated which has been endorsed by Alex Ovechkin.
It focusses primarily upon Quick and Rapid skating movements and Agility while contributes to better puck possession and guarantees improved game play and competing opportunities.
- European Style PowerSkating. Forward/Backward
- Agility, Mobility, Crossovers and Pivoting
- Instant Stops and Starts, Transitioning
- Puck Control with Puck
- Speed and Endurance
SHOOTING, SHOOTING, AND MORE SCORING
Head Coach Glenn and his Associate Coaches will teach On-Ice Shooting Skills along with the required Stick Skills to make the best of each scoring opportunity and the difficulty and degree of instruction varies with each age group:
- Proper Hand Positioning
- Snap/Quick Shot
- Other Shooting Techniques
SCORING, MORE SCORING, STICK SKILLS, GAME PLAY
- Puck Possession, Competing and Accuracy
- Stickhandling, Passing and Deking
- When and where to Shoot, Heads-up, Location and Accuracy