August 13-17, 2018 (Richmond Ice Centre)
The Pre-Season Goalie program recognizes that the goalie is the only obstacle standing between the puck and the net. Hard work during these sessions while executing goalie drills is the key to develop the skills necessary to succeed when game time rolls around.
Our on ice goalie sessions will feature live shooting using multiple nets, a high teacher to goalie ratio, teaching all aspects of goaltending. The newest goaltending techniques and strategies will be covered as well as improving skating efficiency and speed in and around the nets.
The Goalies are separated into groups of three by age and skill levels and the instruction given to each of the groups varies accordingly. So too do the shots taken and intensity of each session.
We recognise the differences of experience and skills of the goalies and while we don`t take beginners those born in 2007-09 group will be trained accordingly and any one who is ahead of the others in terms of proficiency can be moved in with the 2003-07 group. This group is expected to have had Game time Goalie experience and the training will be more intense.
Continued development of fundamentals thus expanding on a core of basic skills.
Greater precision in movement skills, Forward and Backward, Skating, Stopping, Shuffle
Positioning, Up and Down in the net, Stance, Butterfly, Balance
Maximizing Rebound, Stick, and Save control, Agility
Improve awareness and anticipation.
Participate in transitional play
Leraning communication skills
Convenient Payment Plan
- Pay 50% Now, 50% Feb 5, 2019
A Winning Formula
1) Technical Training: One (1) hour technical training session (Goalies only) each of the five (5) days utilizing Multiple nets and individiualized training in groups of three, determined by experience and skill with Live Shooting and Instruction.
2) Practical Training: Goalies participate in on-ice shooting sessions with his her peers during their on-ice training sessions.
3) Goalies born 2007-09 will join the Atom group for their on-ice shooting activity. Goalies born 2005-07 will participare with the PeeWee group. Depending on the skill of the 2007 you can decide which group to enroll him/her in. Goalies born in 2003-04 will join the Bantam group.
4) Goalies 2003-09 will be able to attend the on-ice shooting sessions of their Group during the week of Aug. 20-24 in Richmond (no charge) Details will be worked out during the week of Aug. 13-17